Online Shopping Sites in India
The numerous advantages and benefits, more and more people say they prefer online shopping over conventional shopping these days. It’s important to understand the psyche of the online shopper. Cater to this and you’ll have them flocking to your… er, online store. Here’s what they say are important to them — and here’s how you can get a leg up by catering to these desires and fantasies. Know what the consumer wants and play to it — plug into your thinking all the ways that you can meet these desires, through your competitive intelligence, competitive pricing, customer service, and more.
From shopping in their pajamas to convenience for elderly and disabled, the consumer comments below highlight what’s positive about online shopping for them. Also because of wider choice, not subject to upselling or impulse buying, better prices, good for the environment, and more.
There are many reasons for online retailers to be sanguine about the future of online retail. Here are some consumers’ reasons for buying online, in their own words:
1) Convenience: Where else can you do shopping, even at midnight, wearing your jammies? You don’t have to wait in a line or wait till the shop assistant helps you with your purchases. You can do your shopping in minutes even if you are busy, apart from saving time and avoiding crowds. Online shops give us the opportunity to shop 24 x 7 and also reward us with ‘no pollution’ shopping.
2) Better Prices: I get cheap deals and better prices from online stores because products come to you directly from the manufacturer or seller without middlemen involved. Many online shops offer discount coupons and rebates.
3) Variety: One can get several brands and products from different sellers at one place. You can get in on the latest international trends without spending money on travel; you can shop from retailers in other parts of the country or even the world without being limited by geographic area… These stores offer a far greater selection of colors and sizes than you will find locally. If you find that the product you need is out of stock online, you can take your business to another online store where the product is available.
4) Fewer Expenses: Many times when we opt for conventional shopping we tend to spend a lot more than the required shopping expenses, on things like eating out, traveling, impulsive shopping etc.
5) Comparison of Prices: Online shops make comparison and research of products and prices possible. Online stores also give you the ability to share information and reviews with other shoppers who have firsthand experience with a product or retailer.
6) Crowds: If you are like me, you would like to avoid the crowds when you do the shopping. Crowds force us to do a hurried shopping most of the time. Crowds also create a problem when it comes to finding a parking place nearby where you want to shop and going back to your vehicle later loaded with shopping bags.
7) Compulsive Shopping: Many times when we go out shopping we end up buying things which we do not require because of the shopkeepers’ upselling skills — or we’ll compromise on our choices because of the lack of choices in those shops.
8) Discreet Purchases: Some things are better done in privacy. Online Shops enable me to purchase undergarments and lingerie or adult toys without the embarrassment that there are several people watching me and my choices.
More comments about shopping online:
- Shopping online is so much easier than lugging my daughter around with me, and you can find great deals just about everywhere, that make up for the shipping and handling fees.
- Online shopping will become a necessity for most of the people in the world. You can easily compare price, features, function, and get the latest updates of any products just by your mouse!
- Online shopping makes it easy for me to compare sellers before buying. I can get more detail before making a decision to buy or not.
- Nowadays the car park charges are so high that it puts me off; and with online shopping I can look at what they have to offer without being bothered or interrupted by shop assistants.
- With online shopping, we all benefit greatly from this endless competition between online retailers. Another excellent way to save money by buying online is deals offered by retailers, great discounts and savings only for those who purchase specific products online.
- It is so much easier to sit at home, find my size, color, and style and then it’s delivered to my front door.
- One can shop online from a worldwide selection of a specific product. Everything is just one clickway from you — and online comparison of prices helps to buy cheapest product within a specific quality range.
- Online shopping is convenient and hassle free. In India more and more people are shopping online each day. And they are reaping the benefits as well. Some websites are also offering online shopping of grocery products – which I think is a leap forward from the typical online selling.
- Better prices is one of the main reasons that online shopping has taken off. The simple fact that the middle men are cut out of the delivery chain leads to a reduction in the cost and thus the final price of the product.
- I love online shopping because my dog is not allowed in a lot of stores, even though he is well behaved. I hate crowds and lines too.